How to Make Aquaflaxa
Wed, 22 September 2021
- Servings 600ml
- Time 45 Minutes
- Difficulty Beginner
- 1000ml Water
- 100gr Brown or Golden Flax Seeds
- A Pinch of Salt
- In a wide saucepan, mix in the flax seeds and water. Turn the heat on and boil on a medium heat for up to 1,5 hour.
- Continuously stirring in, make sure thereís no crust forming at the bottom and make sure itís not flooding out of the pan by minimizing the heat.
- Cook the mixture until thick and Ĺ - ? of its original volume.
- Then strain it while hot into a strainer, but donít throw away the pulps.
- Use the pulps into smoothies for extra protein or flax-touille.
- Reserve the water into the fridge and use this into many egg-requiring recipes.†
- (Unlike Aquafaba, this mixture canít aerate much air and wonít form a meringue, but itís a great binding agent).