Vegan Glazed Doughnut
Sat, 20 February 2021
- Servings 14 Servings
- Time 120 Minutes
- Difficulty Beginner
- 360gr medium flour
- 4gr tsp instant yeast
- 18gr aquafaba
- 200gr Oatly or any other plant milk
- 50gr sugar
- 4gr salt
- 70gr vegan butter/coconut oil/shortening
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 gr bread improver
- Combine all dry ingredients except salt in a mixing bowl.
- Prepare the mixer with the hook tool.
- Start the mixer at a low speed and incorporate plant milk into the mixer (adjust the milk with the dough texture, if the dough has formed as one, then the liquid is enough), also aquafaba and vanilla extract.
- Continue kneading the dough for 4 minutes.
- Add the fat (whichever you choose between vegan butter, coconut oil, or shortening) and salt.
- Continue knead the dough until the outside texture is smooth (maximum 30 minutes)
- Let the dough proof in a greased bowl for 30 minutes before continuing.
- Take the dough out and roll out to 2-3mm thickness (use flour to help with the stickiness)
- Cut the dough evenly using a mug and another mold to hole the middle (doughnut-shaped.)
- Place the shaped dough with wax paper underneath. And let it risen for the last time for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the frying oil until it reaches 160-170o C.
- Once the dough has risen to its full size, fry them along with the wax paper underneath (don’t add too much doughnut at one frying)
- Flip the dough as it browns. (it shouldn’t take too long; 15-25 seconds)
- And continue fry until both sides are evenly golden-browned.
- Let the doughnuts cool down on a wired rack.
- Once they have cooled down (7-10 minutes), pour and glaze all the doughnuts. Let the sugar harden before serving.