Sat, 03 April 2021
- Servings 8 Servings
- Time 120 Minutes
- Difficulty Intermediate
- 600ml soy milk (divided 400 & 200)
- 1 vanilla pod & bean
- 40gr cornstarch
- 25gr sugar
- 80gr vegan butter
- 40gr almonds
- 30gr raisins
- 200gr coconut flesh
- 3 tbsp rum (or extract)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 can of aquafaba, reduced to 230ml
- 350gr sugar
- ˝ tbsp cornstarch
- ˝ tsp of cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 170o C, top and bottom heat.
- Heat the soy milk (600ml).
- Cut the vanilla bean and scrape the beans out, then toss both the pod and beans into the pan of milk.
- In another bowl, mix in the remaining milk with cornstarch, cinnamon, sugar, salt, and rum.
- Once the heated milk simmers, add in the mixture and stir with a balloon whisk.
- Continue whisking until it thickens.
- Once the mixture has thickened, add in raisins, almonds, coconut flesh, and butter.
- Pour the mixture into a glass baking dish.
- While letting the mixture cools down, we’re going to make the vegan meringue.
- Prepare the cooled reduced aquafaba in a mixer bowl.
- Start whisking at medium speed.
- Once the aquafaba starts to foaming (5-6 minutes from the start), add sugar and cream of tartar slowly.
- Continue whisking until firm peaks form after, then sieve in cornstarch and whisk manually.
- Pipe in the meringue on top of the cake dish and flatten it out.
- Decorate with raisins, almonds, and coconut flesh.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browns (20-23 minutes)
- The dish is done! Let it cool before serving!