Tue, 21 September 2021
- Servings 6 Servings
- Time 45 Minutes
- Difficulty Beginner
- 120gr High-Protein Flour
- 240gr All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 24ml Aquaflaxa / Flax-Gel
- 400ml Soy Milk / or Any Plant Milk of Choice
- 80gr Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Melted Margarine or Vegan Butter
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder (Optional)
- 11gr Instant Dry Yeast
- Chocolate Rice
- Sesame Seeds
- First separate these ingredients in two: High-protein flour, All-purpose flour, Aquaflaxa, sugar, and Soy milk.
- On the first bowl, mix half of those ingredients. And add 11gr yeast.
- Now let that bowl rest for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- After the batter is well proofed, now letís mix on another bowl containing the remaining of the halved ingredients. Add in salt, vanilla, margarine, and baking powder (optional).
- And now mix the two bowl together to form one batter.
- Let that batter rest for another 30 minutes before cooking.
- Let's prepare the topping, roast the cashews on a pan until slightly charred and brown. Add margarine and salt to give it some flavour.
- After roasted, you can use food processor to crush them or simply use a mortar.
- Now letís cook the batter!
- Using a wide non-stick pan, heat up to very low heat. Using tissue, dab some margarine to grease the pan all over.
- After nice and hot, pour in the batter until ĺ height volume of the pan.
- Now don't close the lid or it will not form a perfect clusters of holes on the surface.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes on a very low heat until the batter is cooked.
- After itís cooked, sprinkle some sugar on top and take the martabak out of the pan.
- Brush with a blob of margarine all over and let it cool a bit before proceeding with cutting.
- After itís slightly cooled, sprinkle the chocolate rice and crushed cashew on top, top it off with sesame seeds.
- Cut the martabak in half and fold the martabak over the other.
- Your martabak is ready, share this with your loved ones!