Vegan Strawberry Trifle
Wed, 18 August 2021
- Servings 6 Servings
- Time 45 Minutes
- Difficulty Beginner
- 1¾ Cups (220g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup (200g) Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup (120ml) Soy Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup (80ml) Canola Oil (or Other Vegetable Oil)
- 1/2 Cup (120ml) Rich’s Non-dairy Creamer
- 1/2 Cup (120ml) Rich’s Toppin’ Pride
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar (Substitute with Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Plenty of Strawberry for topping
- Preheat oven to 180o C.
- Mix soy milk with vinegar, briefly stir and let it sit for up to 15 minutes before proceeding.
- Combine all dry ingredients together.
- After the buttermilk thickened and smooth, add in oil and Rich’s Non-Dairy Creamer.
- Combine the dry with the wet ingredients, fold in using spatula (Don’t over-mix it, once no clumps are spotted then it’s ready to pour).
- Pour into a greased and lined baking tin.
- Bake the cake for 15-20 minutes.
- Your vegan sponge cake is done.
Assembling in Jars:
- Thaw the Rich’s Toppin’ Pride and whip it along with 2 tbsp sugar and vanilla bean until firm peak forms.
- Cut the strawberries in halves.
- Cut the sponge cake using the designated jars. Stack the cake on the bottom, arrange some halved strawberries on top of it.
- Pipe in plenty of whipped cream until it covers 3/4 of the jar.
- Close the final stack with another of the sponge cake cut.
- Finally pipe in whipped cream to cover it all.
- Your vegan trifle is done!