Tue, 24 August 2021
- Servings 4 Servings
- Time 20 Minutes
- Difficulty Beginner
- Large Block of Soy Tempeh
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Sliced
- 3 Cloves Asian Shallots
- Salt and Pepper
- Ĺ Cup All-purpose Flour
- ľ Cup Rice Flour
- ľ Cup Tapioca Flour
- And Some Water
Spicy Kecap Manis Dipping:
- 8 Tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 Kaffir Lime Juice
- 3 Pcs Birdís Eye Chilies
- 3 Pcs Green Birdís Eye Chilies
- 4 Shallots, Chopped
- Prepare the ingredients, chop garlic and shallots.
- In a container, mix in turmeric powder, coriander seed powder, chopped garlic, chopped shallots, salt, and white pepper. Dilute it with water.
- Soak the tempeh evenly and marinate for 1 hour (preferably overnight).
- After the tempeh is well-marinated, letís make the batter and deep fry it!
- Prepare your deep fry oil to medium heat, if you prefer a soft tempeh fry it in medium heat for a short time, if you prefer it crispy then deep fry in high-sizzling oil.
- Make the batter by mixing tapioca flour and all-purpose flour. then add about 5 tbsp of the marinating liquid to the batter, mix it in and add about ľ cup of water to the batter.
- Dip the tempeh into the batter and fry it accordingly!
- Letís now make the dipping sauce (sambal kecap manis), in a bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned above; kecap manis, green chillies, red chillies, green birdís eye chillies, halved shallots, and top it all off with kaffir lime juice!
- Take your deep-fried tempeh with spider and salt it!
- Serve your tempeh while hot along with the dipping sauce! Tempeh Mendoan is a very common and every Indonesianís favourite dish and weíre glad to share our recipe, happy world tempeh day!